Welcome to the GO Barcelona Accepted Student Information page! Navigate the tabs below for everything you need to know before your epic adventure in Barcelona, Spain.
To navigate back to your portal for payments, forms and due dates, click the My Account button above.
BEFORE you go to your account, be sure you LOGIN by clicking the LOGIN button at the top right of your screen.
Here are the Top 3 things you need to be working on to prepare for your summer abroad.
- Passport – make sure your passport is ready for travel
- Applying for a passport for the first time? Watch this quick overview.
- Prepare for your classes
- Talk to your advisor to review your class preferences. See the sample syllabi here.
- Complete your academic form (found in your portal) to select your classes — we place students in classes weekly and you could lose your priority spot if you do not complete the form.
- Learn about the PRO-track option: Professional Experience with Nexgen Careers (not for credit)
- Send your transcript to Oglethorpe University (if you haven’t already)
- Book your flight
- Join the 2024 GO Barcelona GroupMe here!
- When you join, post an introduction with your name, school and hometown! If you’re looking for a flight buddy and/or a roommate, share that as well so you can connect with others looking for the same!
- Please note: If you have specific questions about your program, please send them to LeadAbroad staff directly at info@LeadAbroad.com. Program questions posted in GroupMe may get missed by staff members.
- Follow us on Instagram and search the tags #LeadAbroadLife and @LeadAbroad.
Preparing to Travel
Important dates for GO Barcelona:
- Wednesday, July 3: Students depart U.S. for Barcelona
- Thursday, July 4: Students arrive in Barcelona; program begins
- Saturday, August 3: Program ends; students depart
➡️ Arrival Window: 8:30-10:00am
Group shuttle to the dorms after arrival:
- All students arriving on flights arriving before 10:00am will be on the group shuttle.
- If you are scheduled to arrive on July 4th before the group lands, you can wait at the airport for the group shuttle or pay for your own transfer to the hotel. LeadAbroad will provide guidance on getting a taxi to the dorms. Our staff will be there ready to greet you.
Group shuttle to the airport for departure back to U.S.:
- LeadAbroad will provide a shuttle the morning of August 3rd arriving at the airport at 6:30am (for flights departing after 9:30am) and 8:15am (for flights departing after 11:15am) to correspond with our two recommended flight departures.
LeadAbroad recommends aligning your flights on the following itinerary. Whether you live near Atlanta or Philadelphia and can drive to the airport, or if you need to connect from your hometown airport, we strongly suggest flying on our recommended flight. For more information about how LeadAbroad selects our recommended flights, please click here.
Depart: July 3, 2024 (arrives next day)
Return: August 3, 2024
Atlanta (ATL) on Delta
|Travel Date||Route||Airline & Flight #||Departure Time||Arrival Time|
|Depart: July 3||ATL-BCN||DL 194||6:25 PM||9:10 AM (July 4)|
|Return: Aug 3||BCN-ATL||DL 195||11:25 AM||3:30 PM|
Philadelphia (PHL) on America
|Travel Date||Route||Airline & Flight #||Departure Time||Arrival Time|
|Depart: July 3||PHL-BCN||AA 742||7:20 PM||9:00 AM (July 4)|
|Return: Aug 3||BCN-PHIL||AA 743||9:40 AM||12:40 PM|
➡️ Watch this quick video on tips on how to connect with the recommended flight from your hometown.
➡️ We highly encourage booking all flights (including connecting flights, if necessary) on the same airline to ensure the flights are all under one reservation (NOT separate tickets). This will reduce the challenges associated with delayed flights, lost luggage and other unforeseen travel issues.
➡️ LeadAbroad will post all flights prior to departure so students can connect with others on their flight.
Program Specific Orientation
- GO Barcelona Orientation I: Coming Spring 2024
- GO Barcelona Orientation II: Coming Spring 2024
- Please note: Country-specific policies referenced in orientation may change based on changing government laws, health guidelines, current health environment or LeadAbroad rules designed to keep students safe. It is important to read all of LeadAbroad’s emails thoroughly to stay informed on the most updated policies, procedures and requirements.
**Your orientation is not complete until you submit the Pre-Departure Form & Orientation: Program-Specific Form (available closer to departure) in your portal. Please submit this form to verify you’ve completed all orientations.
The most important thing to remember when packing for Barcelona is that summer gets VERY warm. Pack light, comfortable clothing and durable walking shoes.
Do not overpack. As a general rule, do not bring more bags than you can carry yourself. Most students can pack all their things in a larger checked bag, one carry-on and small backpack/daypack. CHECK YOUR AIRLINE’S BAGGAGE POLICIES. Some airlines have carry-on restrictions and charge fees for extra checked bags and overweight luggage.
You will stay in one of our three residences during GO Barcelona. You will choose your housing preference on the roommate form (available in the spring semester) which can be found in your customer portal. Final housing assignments will be sent 2-4 weeks before departure.
GO Barcelona requires a $250 deposit for housing, activity accountability and class fees. These funds will be returned in full at the conclusion of the program less the following: 1) If a student causes damage or has an outstanding balance on their housing account prior to departure; 2) If a student reserves a spot on an optional tour but does not attend, owes a vendor an outstanding balance prior to departure, incurs a program-related fine, etc. 3) Class fees for tours and activities specific to the course the student is enrolled in. Refundable balances will be returned within 30 days of the program completion.
Accommodation set up:
- Single rooms with private bathrooms.
Room assignments are emailed to students approximately 2-4 weeks before departure
2024 Housing Guide available in the spring.
To submit a housing request, please submit the Housing Form in your online portal by the posted due date. Note: Barcelona dorms are single rooms with a private bedroom and bathroom for every student. Housing Form requests will ask for dorm preference and for “roommate” requests. LeadAbroad will make every effort to place individuals noted on those questions in rooms adjacent to each other on the same hall.
Forms submitted after the due date may not be reviewed. Once rooms are posted, we cannot make any changes. If you’ve already submitted your housing form but wish to make a change to your request before the form due date, please email info@LeadAbroad.com ASAP.
Official itinerary coming Spring 2024.
Please note: this itinerary is subject to change at any point before or during the program. Closer to departure, we will send you instructions on downloading the Trip Plans app so you have real-time access to the schedule.
PLEASE NOTE: Class will be held Friday, August 2 (on a Monday schedule) and there will be two asynchronous classes before the program.
|INT 490 Spanish Culture: An Exploration of Civilization and Society in Spain (M-Th 9:00-11:00am)|
|ART 298 Barcelona Art and Architecture Section A (M&Th 9:00-11:00am and T 2:00-6:00pm)|
|COM 280 Gender, Culture and Communications (M-Th 9:00-11:00am)|
|BUS 360 Leadership and Power (M-Th 9:00-11:00am)|
|PRO-Track Section A: Professional Experience with Nexgen Careers (M-Th 9:00-11:00am)|
|ART 298 Barcelona Art and Architecture Section B (M&Th 11:15-1:15pm and W 2:00-6:00pm)|
|PHI 202 How Ought We Live? An Introduction to Ethics and the Good Life (M-Th 11:15-1:15pm)|
|COM 220 Intercultural Communication (M-Th 11:15-1:15pm)|
|INT 490 Eat, Drink, Spain (M-Th 11:15-1:15pm)|
|PRO-Track Section B: Professional Experience with Nexgen Careers (M-Th 11:15-1:15pm)|
|BUS 370 International Business Section A (M-Th 11:15-1:15pm)|
|BUS 370 International Business Section B (M-Th 1:30-3:30pm)|
|PHI 220 Exploring Life’s Questions through Art in Barcelona (M&Th 1:30-3:30pm and T 1:30-5:30pm)|
|INT 290 Culture, Values, and Global Citizenship (M-Th1:30-3:30pm)|
Activities & Travel
Check out our 2023 Welcome Weekend and Program Activities guide here to see the types of activities that we offer each week. Final 2024 activities will be announced at the beginning of 2024 along with registration instructions. All activities are no extra cost to you.