As we enter our 12th year of leading transformative experiences, we continue to be humbled by the opportunity to travel with ambitious and talented college students. We believe that studying abroad is the most impactful aspect of the college experience and thank you for taking the time to learn more about LeadAbroad.
In 2021, we will offer a variety of program types ranging from 2 – 5 weeks in Cape Town, Greece, Rome, Barcelona and Costa Rica. No matter which program you choose, we promise three things:
Below is a little more detail about each of these elements of the LeadAbroad promise.
From the moment you express interest in traveling until you return to the US after your program, you and your family will feel supported by our team. We communicate via email, website, text and Instagram about all the topics that are important to you including flights, accommodations and classes. We believe there is no question too big or too small and we promise a prompt response to your question.
We have learned that intentional conversations between our program staff and students can set the stage for powerful learning opportunities. Therefore, our programs have a robust staffing model of program directors, interns, in country guides, faculty and teaching assistants. By creating trusting environments we are able to proactively support students and make the experience more enjoyable.
Here are a few examples of LeadAbroad’s support in action:
- Detailed customer portal for accepted students
- Facebook and GroupMe groups
- Phone calls with our leadership team
- Comprehensive pre-departure communication to parents and students
- Group flight options or flight recommendations
- Pre-planned weekend trip options
- 24/7 program director support while abroad
- Staff accompaniment to any doctor or medical visit
- Dedicated professors who are invested in their students’ learning experience
All LeadAbroad programs are designed to help you learn about yourself and the world around you. Navigating a foreign culture is an incredible growing experience and will build your confidence in new ways. On for credit programs, you will earn 3 – 6 credit hours from Oglethorpe University in small classroom environments learning from professors who genuinely care. On all programs, you’ll experience the LeadAbroad Life lessons focused on being the best version of yourself and make the most of your time abroad.
Here are a few examples of LeadAbroad’s learning in action:
- Focus on personal development
- Dedicated program directors who invest personally in students
- Engaging courses with emphasis on participation
- Field trips to local areas of interest including museums, art galleries and monuments
- Intentional conversation about topics relevant to college students
- Adventure activities to stretch your personal comfort zone
- Workshops focused on your individual strengths, vision and values
Welcome to a community of ambitious, adventurous and intelligent college students! Your LeadAbroad family is here to inspire and challenge you as you determine the next steps on campus and in your career. Abroad, we have a variety of tools, events and programs to ensure that you build relationships with the other students in your program. Whether you are signing up with a group of friends or joining us without knowing a soul, by the end of the first week you will make meaningful connections with fellow students that often grow into lifelong friendships.
Here are a few examples of LeadAbroad’s community in action:
- On campus events to meet past and present LeadAbroad students
- Personalized roommate matching service
- Opportunities to connect with the LeadAbroad campus captain
- Vibrant Instagram presence to connect with students
- Cultural events abroad including movie nights, yoga groups, running clubs and more
- Peer leadership opportunities through our Community Leader program
- Small group environments